Notice your battery being drained like crazy? Try a few of these steps and see which ones work best for you!
- Turn off Augmented Reality (AR). While it’s really cool to see that Pikachu sitting on top of your dog’s head and all AR drains your battery the fastest. You can turn it off when you encounter a Pokémon by hitting the AR switch in the top right hand corner of the screen. You can always turn it on for those really wacky places they show up at any time! Plus Pokémon are easier to catch with AR off since they stay still in the center instead of requiring you to aim your phone in the air all over the place
- Turn on your phones battery saver. On iPhone go to Settings > Battery > Low Power Mode. On Android go to Settings > Battery > Tap on the three vertical dot icon in the upper right corner > Battery saver > On.
While the phone’s built-in battery saver is a good way to save power, you should also know that it limits location services (Pokémon Go uses your phone’s built-in GPS to track your location) and you may see fewer PokéStops and encounter fewer Pokémon.
- Turn on battery saver in game. When not using the game turn on battery saver mode and put your phone upside down. It will still tell you when a Pokémon is near and you get credit for your steps to hatch your eggs! To turn it on tap the Poké Ball, then tap the settings icon (gear in the upper right) and then make sure “Battery Saver” is checked.
- Reduce your screen brightness. If you’re not playing in direct sunlight this will help save your battery tremendously! On your Iphone simply go to Settings > Display & Brightness and adjusting the slider from there. On your Android, you can pull down the Quick Settings by swiping down from the top menu bar with two fingers and then adjusting the brightness slider from there. Or go to Settings > Display > Brightness level and adjusting from the there.
- Turn off unneeded features. By turning off Bluetooth and WiFi you will save a little battery since they aren’t needed when using your data. By also turning off background apps such as other games you may have installed it will help to save your battery as well. To do this on an Iphone, open the Settings > General >Background App Refresh. Disable background refresh for an app and it won’t have permission to run in the background. To do this on an Android go to Settings > Application Manager > All Applications > Disable. To turn the applications back on in both the Iphone and Android simply follow the same instructions for your device to enable them.
- Not into playing with the settings? Buy a battery case for your phone or a portable charger. A good portable charger can be purchased just about anywhere. I’ve seen them as low as $9.00 on Amazon and battery cases can be purchased for around $30.00 on Amazon.
Got any useful tips on how to save battery? Leave them in the comments section and if found to be working we’ll add it to the list and give you credit!