EXPERIENCE GUIDE – The lucky egg Strat
- 100 – XP Pokémon Caught
- 500 – XP New Pokémon
- 10 XP – Curve ball Bonus – awarded to players for spinning their Pokeball by rotating their finger very fast on the screen, which will then cause the Pokeball throw to have a distinct curve on it and require a different trajectory than normal.
- 10 XP – Nice Throw Nice! Throw Bonus – awarded for players who simply get the Pokeball to land within the outer white circle when succeeding to capture the Pokemon on that throw.
- 50 XP – Great Throw Great! Throw Bonus – awarded for players who get the Pokeball to land inside the inner circle when it is exactly half of its biggest size.
- 100 XP – Excellent Throw Excellent! Throw Bonus – awarded for players who get the Pokeball to land inside the direct middle of the outer circle when the inner one is at its absolute smallest.
- 50 XP – Spinning a Pokéstop
- 100 XP – Battling a Pokémon Trainer at a Gym
- 150 XP – Beating a Pokémon Trainer at a Gym
- 50 XP – Beat a Pokémon in training at your own team‘s Gym– this XP amount varies based upon how strong the trainer’s selected Pokemon is. If the Pokemon is significantly overpowered, the trainer will earn less XP than using a Pokemon that is closer in strength to the others at the Gym.
- 200 XP – Hatch a Pokémon
- 500 XP – Evolve a Pokémon
*All of the above will be doubled when a Lucky Egg is active. The Lucky Egg method that many trainers have been using to significantly decrease the amount of grind time in between levels is the most efficient form of leveling. First, players need to save up a high amount of Pokemon who are cheap to evolve, since the evolve bonus is the same regardless of how much candy has been spent evolving the evolved Pokemon – Rattata, Pidgey, Caterpie, and Weedle are excellent choices for this method. Next, trainers should use the Lucky Egg item, which doubles the amount of XP a player earns for the next half hour. Next, it’s just a simple matter of evolving as many Pokemon as possible within that half hour to earn 1000 XP per evolution. Lucky Eggs boost the experience gains for all actions, so they also work well with the Pokestop route running, and with incense active you can ensure you encounter a steady stream of Pokemon to catch for XP in between your Pokestop visits, making the most of that 30 minutes, if you did not have evolves to fill the entire duration.